Friday 3 July 2009

(NOT) EXCLUSIVE! Wavelengths pool and fitness centre - early morning opening!

Great news from manager Clare Motton at the Wavelengths Centre - from 8 July the pool and fitness suite will be open from 6.30am every weekday morning.

This is EXCELLENT NEWS for local swimmers and gymers who work in town, and I would like to pass on my thanks to Clare for being persistant on this matter. I hope that the new hours will bring increased business and membership numbers to the facility, and help to contribute to its continued success.

The launch of the new hours takes place on 8 July at 6.30 (I assume that's am!) and will be attended by Lewisham mayor Steve Bullock.


May I just say, in the immortal words of Citizen Smith: Power to the people!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news, but nota local internet exclusive I'm afraid!

Deptford dame said...

Thanks Sue, if only I'd known the Greens were campaigning for this, it might not have felt like such a lonely fight!

CarolineLD said...

Brilliant news! I look forward to fitting in the odd swim before work now.

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry, Darren was following up on this on behalf of a local resident and I assumed it was you!

DDKK said...

Not to worry, we got the right result!

max said...

Hurraah! Just spotted it and posted on SaveLadywellPool.
I'm really tempted to come over for tomorrow morning opening and race with Sir Bullock.

Deptford dame said...

heh heh, well you've already proved you can give him a run for his money Max!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.